Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
Brewing In-Service Trainee The key purpose of this job is to provide laboratory support to the value chain by performing checks and analysis on beer and packaging to enable production to produce beer that conforms to SAB quality standards.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Carry out specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously. Where problems or improvement opportunities have been identified, communicate these to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance to the shift based teams where required
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift based production teams and communicating results. Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory
- Support the shift based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques. Where required, take part in FFA’s as a functional expert. Where required, ensure that learnings identified in problem solving sessions are incorporated into analytic and other lab procedures
- Support the shift based production teams by assisting in training needs analysis. Take part in the CAP process, specifically in the assessment of quality analyses competence. Take part in the development of training material, specifically in quality analysis. Where required, take part in the training of shift based production teams on quality analyses
- Carry out specialized analyses in support of the evaluation of continuous improvement opportunities. Determine additional analytic work required evaluating continuous improvement opportunities. Where required, take part in team evaluations of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimization initiatives as required
- Grade 12
- Willing to complete In-Service/ Experiential Training in Industry.
- Ability to control stocks of test consumables
- Ability to archive data effectively
- Ability to plan the work
- Band: XII
SAB/ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with SAB/ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.