Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete online job application form and attach all relevant documents
(Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide membership number and expiry date
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Social Development Department has the following
opportunities for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months.
DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Food Resilience Unit
DESIGNATION: Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP)
REMUNERATION: R4000.00 pm (stipend)
LOCATION: Various Regions: A; B; C; D; E; F AND G
• Grade 12 Matric/ NQF level 4;
• Must be South African Citizens;
To provide hygiene services, packing of fresh produce, stock control, and inspection
of fresh produce at Joburg Market. Assist with community outreach services hotspots
interventions, campaigns, and data- collection, as and when required.
Key Performance Areas:
• Stock control and inspection of fresh produce;
• Assist with community outreach services hotspots;
• Data collection.
• Be able to work independently;
• Ability to perform general duties like carrying heavy stocks, packages, and cleaning od
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.